Monday, June 20, 2016


Rather than give a dull list of what oils we tasted, and what bread we made, I thought that I’d send some reactions from the members that attended the Olive Oil Tasting and Bread Making event.

Thank you very much, Tim and Brittany, for being such wonderful hosts, and sharing your beautiful home with us.  And, thank you Terry for your expertise and patience!

Look for the recipes on the “Recipe” tab.


F.L.


We sure had a great time last night! And it was great to have that leftover bread. We made a French toast casserole with blueberries.

I can't wait for the stuffed bread! Thank you, Terry!
Thank you, 

Brittany Altimus


Thank you for teaching us your bread making techniques & for sharing your recipes.  I'm going to divide my bread dough - making some of the original recipe & also making a small mushroom, spinach, & fontina cheese loaf.  I'll send you a picture after it's baked tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Marie


We had a wonderful time last evening, thanks for your instructions (and patience with my questions) and that superb bread!

The bread that we won made for some delicious toast with our breakfast this AM:)  We will bake our dough either this evening or tomorrow, and will send a photo of the finished product.  Thom re-seasoned our cast iron pot, we are ready to go, fingers and butter knives crossed that I finally get it right!  You make it look so easy:)

Since folks were asking, here are the links to the recipes for the beans and lemon olive oil cake.  Sue's blueberry cake recipe will follow later.  And Thom will post them all on the website.

Thanks again for yesterday's main event!

MA


First, Brittany and Tim,

Thanks for your generous hospitality last night.  Your home is drop-dead gorgeous--perfect for entertaining a crowd.  You were great hosts. Thanks for all you did to make it a really nice evening.

Also thanks to the folks who organized the oil tasting.  A revelation.  I will spend a whole lot more time (and money I guess) next time I need EVOO.  And thanks to the people who made munchies.  Lemon cake was awesome.

Finally thanks to Terry for the nice relaxed presentation and sharing his terrific recipe, EASY method for making good bread.  I never would have thought I could spend time making bread--too hard, too time consuming, prone to disaster.  Wrong.  I have to try this.  

Thanks to all who made the evening possible.

So, when we gonna do it again?  ;-)

Gerri
Gerri Goclan

No comments:

Post a Comment